Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another Afghan Meal: Seafood!

This week, my interpreter, Safi, ordered fish from downtown and brought it in to share, so I just had to share!



Captain Phillips, my lead Defender, who is from North Carolina (the photo bomber at the end of the table on the left -- not of Somali pirate fame) and I both decided that it was a lot like a good old fashioned fish fry.  It smelled delicious and tasted great, but you had to eat slowly to look out for the bones.  It was awesome!  And it wouldn't have been an Afghan meal without naan (bread). 

I will definitely miss the food when I'm gone. It's one of the things I look forward to every week (even if my counterpart forces me to eat fruit!). I think I'm going to need to learn how to make that ubiquitous Afghan bread and rice before I leave and pass it on to Cristi. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment